Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Beau Ideal: Limited edition, handmade greetings to spread the love.


I had the pleasure of working with Jill Lee a few years back, she is an exceptional designer with truly exquisite taste. When I discovered she'd launched a line of silk screened note cards and prints, I had to investigate. Beau Ideal, brought to you by the Brooklyn based Lee, specializes in limited edition handmade cards and prints with a wink to the past. The designs have a vintage feel to them and Lee uses unusual color combinations making them very unique and quirky.


I talked to Lee and asked her what inspires her. 'My work is very much inspired by textiles', says Lee, 'Anything decorative from various cultures and time periods such as Art Deco. I also love typography, particularly hand drawn type. Really anything that catches my eye. My work consists of simple repeats, patterns, shapes but with interesting compositions and flare.'

Jill Lee attended New World School of the Arts in Miami, FL before moving to New York and studying at The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art where she received her BFA. Lee worked in fashion design for many years, before coming back to her love of printmaking.
Beau Ideal can be found at the Saturday Brooklyn Flea Market. You can also purchase her designs through Etsy.
Beau Ideal tables at Brooklyn Flea Market

1 comment:

  1. Ooh these are gorgeous! LOVE THEM! Wish I lived in the USA so I could see them at the markets :) I will have to just head over to etsy for now :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails