Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tuck Shop, East Village - Great Australian Pies...yep, pies, boy!


I've been going to this place for a few years but during the last 6 months or so, I've not stopped by. On Friday night we ended up here for a late bite to eat. I haven't stopped thinking about those damn pies ever since. I had the special, a beef and cheddar cheese pie which consisted of this incredibly tasty and slightly spicy beef topped with just the right amount of tangy cheddar. My man had the steak and guinness, which has a peppercorn and horseradish gravy. They were both so good we were swapping bites of each.

I definitely think another pie is in my near future. Great thing about them, they are very moderately sized. Just enough to feel full but not enough to push you over the edge. They are the perfect after drinking snack.
Tuck Shop stays open until 5am most nights. The other great thing about Tuck Shop is that you can pre-order frozen pies to take home and cook. All you have to do is add an eggwash and cook 'em up and they will come up just as good as in the shop.

Check out their menu and locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails