Friday, May 14, 2010

May Day! May Day!


Oh I do like to be beside the seaside, 
I do like to be beside the sea,
I do like to stroll along the prom, prom, prom,
Where the brassbands play
Tiddley-om-pom-pom!
So just let me be beside the seaside,
I'll be beside myself with glee;
And there's lots of girls beside,
I should like to be beside,
Beside the seaside, beside the sea.



1909, Music Hall Florrie Forde

This ditty always reminds me of my grandparents! And how true! Growing up beside the seaside 
in beautiful Dorset, England I'm spoilt with such childhood memories. 
So happy that my son has the chance to enjoy the seaside too. Although just a short ride to the 
metropolis of NYC, the luxury of having this on our doorstep is wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails